Dear VEVE Customers, In our effort to ensure compliance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) we wish to draw your attention to VEVE’s Privacy Notice as follows:
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
If you choose to transact with VEVE or its group of companies (for further information on VEVE’s group of companies, please visit www.VEVE.my) or its affiliates i.e. for subscription of any products and/or services or by using VEVE Portal or accessing VEVE corporate website, you will be asked to provide your personal information such as (but not be limited to) name, National Registration Identification Card number, passport number, mailing address, telephone number(s), email address(es) or contact preferences. Where you intend to use VEVE Portal for the purpose of making online payment transactions, your credit/debit card information will also be collected for the purpose of processing such payments. The list of transactions is non-exhaustive and such information given to or obtained by us through such transactions shall collectively be known as “Personal Data”.
VEVE products and/or services shall include any and all products and/or services provided by VEVE or its group of companies. VEVE Portal shall include where applicable, portal owned, managed and/or maintained by any companies within VEVE group of companies which contains relevant products and/or services provided by such companies within VEVE group of companies.
You will also be required to provide your consent to the usage of your Personal Data in the form and manner as indicated in the registration process. If we do not receive your consent, you will not be able to subscribe to VEVE products and/or services, register to VEVE Portal or have access to VEVE corporate website.
When you transact with VEVE, we may collect or receive and store certain personal non-identifiable information. Such information is collected passively using various technologies and for now cannot be used to specifically identify you. This information may include:-
• device-specific information such as hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, memory, sound card data, Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• cookies that may uniquely identify your browser;
• details of how you access and/or use VEVE Portal or VEVE corporate website for example your search queries;
• total number of visitors accessing and/or using VEVE Portal or VEVE corporate website;
• diagnostic and usage data generated by your device;
• how you and other users use and interact with VEVE portal or VEVE corporate website.
The above is collectively known as “Non-Personal Information”. If we do combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Data, the combined information will be treated as Personal Data for as long as it remains combined.
As an ongoing effort to serve you better, we often conduct research on customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the Personal Data and information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This type of non-identifiable and aggregated data PN Ver 1/2016 does not identify you personally. We may share this non-identifiable and aggregated data with our affiliates and/or Authorised Third Party. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to our affiliates and/or Authorised Third Party for other lawful purposes.
“Authorised Third Party” shall mean business partners, contractors, agents, auditors, advisers, any telecommunications and applications service providers which we have an arrangement with in connection with VEVE product and/or services, VEVE portal or VEVE corporate website and/or third party supplier engaged by us from time to time for the purpose of providing information relating to VEVE product and/or services in VEVE Portal or VEVE corporate website or otherwise or any parties appointed by VEVE to do data processing activities or conduct marketing activities for VEVE or its group of companies.
How We Use Your Personal Information?
Your Personal Data will be used for the purpose it was given. Your Personal Data may also be used by VEVE group of companies or its affiliates and/or Authorised Third Party for one or more of the following purposes:-
• to assess your application or continued provisioning of the products and/or services (whichever is applicable);
• financial operation including to verify and process payment, billing and billing enquiries;
• customizing advertisements and content on VEVE Portal and any online sites of VEVE and its group of companies;
• responding to your enquiries;
• research purposes including but not limited to product and/or service improvement, historical and statistical purposes and analysis;
• general operation, maintenance and audit of products and/or services provided including its related website(s);
• verification purposes;
• matching any data relating to you which are held by VEVE and its group of companies from time to time;
• provide you with regular communications from VEVE relating to our products and/or services;
• investigation of complaints, suspicious transactions and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity; • administer your participation in contest organised by VEVE or any of its group of companies; ;
• credit checking with credit bureau, credit rating agency or credit reporting agency;
• conduct market research and using such analysis for VEVE’s business plans, the enhancement of VEVE’s products and/or services, targeted advertisements and conveying such unidentified information in broad aggregated terms to VEVE group of companies or its affiliates, Authorised Third Party and/or third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with VEVE;
• to provide you with VEVE and its group of companies’ latest information, promotions and latest updates, special offers as well as marketing and advertising materials; and
• in compliance with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligations which shall include but not limited to the provisioning of Directory Assistance Service 103 as part of the Required Applications Services.
The above shall collectively be referred to as “Purposes” in this Privacy Notice.
By submitting your information to VEVE, you hereby consent and authorise VEVE to process and verify any information about you from any third party, especially credit bureau, credit rating agency or credit reporting agency which VEVE may require in connection with your application for any of VEVE products PN Ver 1/2016 and/or services and/or review of the existing account with VEVE and/or use of VEVE portal and/or access to VEVE corporate website. Such consent and authorization will extend to any information obtained from any of the account(s) presently maintained for you, any new applications for any products and/or services offered by VEVE, any historical financial or credit records, data or information whether or not provided personally or through any other sources relating to you which was collected, received, captured, compiled, secured and/or obtained by VEVE through or by whatever means or methods or forms. In the event that you are to provide or disclose to VEVE the Personal Data of a third party in any application, you hereby represent and warrant that consent has been obtained from the third party to allow VEVE to process the Personal Data for the Purposes set out above.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If you choose to register and transact with VEVE, your Personal Data may be shared where necessary and only on a need to know basis with other companies in VEVE group of companies, affiliates or agencies so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective manner. An example might be to resolve or addressing complaints that require escalation to other companies in VEVE group of companies, affiliates or agencies.
VEVE may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties for the Purposes stated above:-
• Respective Authorized VEVE Partner who are involved in providing Add-Ons;
• Authorised Third Party or VEVE agents who are involved in providing the products and/or services for VEVE;
• Companies in VEVE group of companies, affiliates and/or Authorised Third Party located outside of Malaysia who provides data processing services for VEVE;
• any credit reporting agencies or in the event of default, any debt collection agencies;
• any person engaged by VEVE to fulfil its obligations to you and is under a duty of confidentiality and has undertaken to keep such data confidential;
• any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of VEVE’s rights or business; and
As mentioned above, it may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data and information to companies in VEVE group of companies, affiliates and/or Authorised Third Party located outside of Malaysia. This may happen where companies in VEVE group of companies, Affiliates and/or the Authorised Third Party is based outside of Malaysia or where you access VEVE Portal or VEVE corporate website and/or use VEVE products and/or services from outside of Malaysia. By continuing accessing and/or using VEVE products and/or services, you consented to such transfer.
Your Personal Data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third party.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed due to reasons of law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and any disclosure will be to such public and governmental authorities only. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate for purposes of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance.
Security of your Personal Data
VEVE has in place security policies, rules and technical measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors who have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
However, transactions done via personal devices may not be secured and communications over those devices may be exposed to unauthorized third-party interception. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data will not occur, we make reasonable efforts to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Personal Data that we collect from you will be stored and backed up securely in an environmentally controlled location. Only authorized people with user ID and password from our company have access to the information.
You must remember to log off from our system after accessing and/or using your preferred device so that no unauthorized party can have access to your Personal Data. You must not, at any time, divulge your Personal Data to any third party.
Correction and Request for Access
If you would like to request access or correction of your Personal Data or where you elect to limit VEVE’s right to process your Personal Data, you may contact VEVE Contact Centre or you may visit the nearest VEVE Point. Any request of access to correct Personal Data may be subjected to a fee and also to applicable provisions in the PDPA. However, we reserve the right to decline requests which jeopardize the security and privacy of the Personal Data of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
We may review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations. The latest version of the Privacy Notice may be available at http://www.VEVE.my
Queries or Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about this Privacy Notice, you can contact us at https://veve.my via our Contact Us section.